• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody in/been to Zurich?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody in/been to Zurich?

Just had an agent talking about a post in Zurich.
    What are the ups and downs?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Send me a pm (unless you are Lucy).
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I did a few years there, main problem is the quantity of Germans now in Zurich.
      Really it's OK, if you are going to live there, lots of red tape and up-front expenses. Have to go into Swiss tax system, very difficult to stay out.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Been there once or twice. Less integration between Swiss and expats than other Swiss cities. Whether that's a bad thing depends on your P.O.V. I prefer Basel, Lausanne, Geneva.

Swiss tax is low. Canton Zug has the lowest taxation in Switzerland, so many Zürich workers live there. But rents are higher. Generally, not a bad place to live and work, especially in winter if your a skier.

Although German is the official language, the locals speak dialect which can be quite hard to understand. As far as most Swiss are concerned, German (like what you learn in school) is another foreign language. I know Swiss who prefer speaking English to Hochdeutsch.

Exchange rate is good at the moment - so you'll find it expensive, but then your fees will be comparitively high.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Hi LG, I just thought my ex has a simular skill set to you, and has been around most of the roles in Zurich. (his wounderful people skills) PM the company and I may have some info. on them.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
          X