• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When do you start losing from the falling house prices ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do you start losing from the falling house prices ?

It is when the interest rate on your mortgage is more than the percentage by whitch house prices increase. Any other factors ?

In case of BTL the increase of house prices is combined with the rent you receive.

With property you never lose.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH
      WHS

Gold dust.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

you lose the day you have to sell at a loss.....

Comment

When I can't afford to live in my house. After all, I don't treat it as an investment but as my home...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

The only people that are "losing" from property are those that thought the houses were "making" then £150 a day in the past.

Comment

Watching some German news programme last night, the US is a real mess.

Apparently overstretched Mortgagees, payed off the mortgage by releasing equity from house price increases, then start applying for credit cards. In the US the average number of credit cards is 5; now they're all maxed out, the whole thing is imploding. The next crisis is in credit cards.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Watching CNN last night, the US is a real mess.

Apparently overstretched Mortgagees, payed off the mortgage by releasing equity from house price increases, then start applying for credit cards. In the US the average number of credit cards is 5; now they're all maxed out, the whole thing is imploding. The next crisis is in credit cards.
                In the UK, mortgage approvals are heading to zero, but "unsecured" credit (loans and credit cards) is going through the roof.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

D O O M E D !

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH
                  over what timeframe?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    over what timeframe?
                    Infinity.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X