• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doing the needful

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing the needful

Client Co may want me to go to Bangalore for a couple of weeks to look at some stuff. I don't mind going, but would like the panel's expert opinion on how much extra wedge to ask for if they're wanting me to leave my Playstation 3 for a fortnight.
    ǝןqqıʍ

No GTA IV for a fortnight...

Double your rate + expenses.
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      Client Co may want me to go to Bangalore for a couple of weeks to look at some stuff. I don't mind going, but would like the panel's expert opinion on how much extra wedge to ask for if they're wanting me to leave my Playstation 3 for a fortnight.
      The way I see it, you have a contract agreed for a daily rate.

Is there a company policy on expenses? If so, I personally would accept the experience of India, claim expenses as per the company policy and keep the same rate.

Will you be working weekends? If so, more money. If not, get on out and about and experience India from Friday afternoon to Monday morning!

Comment

dont drink the water
        dont eat the food
        dont sh@g any of the women
        dont sleep in the beds

apart from that - have a nice time

oh and dont sh@g any of the men either

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          dont drink the water
          dont eat the food
          dont sh@g any of the women
          dont sleep in the beds

apart from that - have a nice time

oh and dont sh@g any of the men either

Also - Don't drive... And, if you get a driver, avoid being on the roads out of rush hour. Accidents in rush hour are comical due to low speeds. Once out of rush hour, risk of death a lot greater!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Is there a company policy on expenses? If so, I personally would accept the experience of India, claim expenses as per the company policy and keep the same rate.

Will you be working weekends? If so, more money. If not, get on out and about and experience India from Friday afternoon to Monday morning!
            Company policy? You seem to be confusing me with a permie. Standard rate for spending two weeks in a polluted tulip-hole and telling me to do it for the experience? You're having a larf...
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Company policy? You seem to be confusing me with a permie. Standard rate for spending two weeks in a polluted tulip-hole and telling me to do it for the experience? You're having a larf...
              Well, don't go if you don't want to!

Comment

I wouldn't do it out of principle. Fook 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  Are you mental? The daily rate is agreed for a specified location - if they want you to go somewhere else, the rate increases.

Go for +25% on daily rate to compensate for being away from home, full 5* expenses (hotel, driver everywhere, club class flights) and £50 a day spends. You don't have to pay yourself that, but it's a nice earner for the company.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

What a sad attitude to have. A few years ago I was sent to investigate outsourcing options in Bangalore. Had a whale of a time and was pleasantly impressed. If you go to one of the campus parks, their offices are likely to be better than yours here.

Of course you should charge 'em extra
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X