• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First 4 headlines on the Daily Mail today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First 4 headlines on the Daily Mail today

Sex slave dungeon: Incest father probed over murder of 17-year-old girl 'who looked like caged daughter

Sex slave dungeon: Tenant who lived in incest house for 12 years heard knocking from sex dungeon 'but did nothing'

Sex slave dungeon: Pictured, incest father gets Thai massage on 'boys holiday' as his captives languish in cellar

Sex slave dungeon: Father used a government grant to build his underground prison

I think the Mail has overtaken the Sun as Britains most brainless newspaper.

Good name for a band though!
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      What, "Daily Mail"?

Comment

Sex Slave Father : Ruined The Economy
        Sex Slave Father : Is The Devil Incarnate
        Sex Slave Father : Please Focus On Me And Not The Mess The World Is In
        Sex Slave Father : In Prison With Luxury Room Seperated From Other Imates For The Rest Of His Days

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
          Sex Slave Father : Ruined The Economy
          Sex Slave Father : Is The Devil Incarnate
          Sex Slave Father : Please Focus On Me And Not The Mess The World Is In
          Sex Slave Father : In Prison With Luxury Room Seperated From Other Imates For The Rest Of His Days
          I still think "Daily Mail" is a better name for a band.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Just saw this band in the Glastonbury line up, and I think they beat it. Just.

"Holy F u c k"

That's just genius. I don't care what they sound like, gotta go see em.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

The Daily Mail is an odd paper. You get years of scaremongering drivel, then a really good bit of campaigning journalism like the Stephen Lawrence stuff. Guess which this is.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                The Daily Mail is an odd paper. You get years of scaremongering drivel, then a really good bit of campaigning journalism like the Stephen Lawrence stuff. Guess which this is.
                Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I don't know why some people "have it in" for the Daily Mail.

After all, it's just a newspaper, like any of the others, and its job is to report the news, which it does, like the others as well.

I've been thinking what is it that I like about the Mail, over and above the other papers, and I think I've found it.

The "high-brow" papers like the "Times, Telegraph, etc" seem to focus on the plain facts, with little to no social commentary.

The "low-brow" papers like the "Sun, Star, etc" seem to focus purely on the emotional taxi-driver's rant side of things (and boobies ofc)

The Mail sits somewhere in between the two, in that the facts are presented, but social commentary is also included as well.

From that fact alone, I feel the Mail has a moral obligation to inform and also make people socially aware of their society, and act as a moral compass, because it seems no one else is bothering.
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    I don't know why some people "have it in" for the Daily Mail.
                    Cause it's hysterical garbage?

Are you on a wind up, or actually seriously trying to defend it as a 'moral compass'?

Comment

Working...
                    X