• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reduced Rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reduced Rates

If there is to be a downturn is it not reasonable for clients (not agencies of course) to expect reductions in rates? after all in the good times you grubby lot are straight on the upward spiral bandwagon.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    If there is to be a downturn is it not reasonable for clients (not agencies of course) to expect reductions in rates? after all in the good times you grubby lot are straight on the upward spiral bandwagon.
    Are you trying to cheer us up, Dodgy?

Comment

Fook right off.

HTH

Comment

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Pay bananas, still get monkeys.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

If our rates remain the same at renewal time then that is in fact a reduction!

Though, I did just negotiate an increase!

Comment

I've just been renewed, thank Christ, on £20 per day more, but the bad news is I have to commute to Brentwood instead of Romford, which is several miles further to travel and apparently it's a sod to park in the town centre.

If the market wasn't so tulip, I'd be looking around for another perl or .Net contract, but needs must.

Comment

Originally posted by up4it View Post
                If our rates remain the same at renewal time then that is in fact a reduction!

Though, I did just negotiate an increase!
                smartarse
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

If there is to be a downturn is it not reasonable for clients (not agencies of course) to expect reductions in rates?
                  Only if the availability of high quality contractors with the same skill set increases.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I just negotiated a rate rise on renewal too!!!

Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
                    "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
                    Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Working...
                    X