• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT Flat rate and taking on empoyees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT Flat rate and taking on empoyees

I have the opportunity to take on some extra fixedprice work. But there may be too much for me to handle so was considering subbing some of it out to another Ltd contractor who is also vat registered

If I am on the flat rate scheme it seems I am going to lose out out to the tune of 12% of the original income. Is that right.

Is the flat rate scheme a no-no for those with employees or subbies??

Danbro Accounting Ltd

Originally posted by SteveV View Post
    I have the opportunity to take on some extra fixedprice work. But there may be too much for me to handle so was considering subbing some of it out to another Ltd contractor who is also vat registered

If I am on the flat rate scheme it seems I am going to lose out out to the tune of 12% of the original income. Is that right.

Is the flat rate scheme a no-no for those with employees or subbies??
    Hi Steve,

You will have to do the calculations but if you are going to subcontract the work out you will almost certainly be out of pocket, you can de-register from the flat rate scheme before you start to subcontractor, remember you cant rejoin the scheme for a year after this.

Flat rate would be fine with employees as they would not be charging VAT for salaries.

Thanks

Neil
    Last edited by Danbro; 30 April 2008, 16:53.

Comment

Working...
    X