• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End of first year accounts.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of first year accounts.....

Thought I had drawn too much from my Co bank a/c as I keep a spreadsheet.... (Salary + monthly divis) - bank withdrawals. My accountant has drawn up my accounts and it turns out I haven't drawn enough

Looks like it's not as simple as my amateur workings and I'm buggered if I can understand the accountant's but hey...that's what they get paid for I suppose.
    Blood in your poo

Sorry.....

But it's your responsibilty as a director to have an understanding of the finances of your company....

T

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
      Sorry.....

But it's your responsibilty as a director to have an understanding of the finances of your company....

T
      Sorry....

Buth there's a difference between having an understanding and having the ability to work it all out down to the last £5.

Comment

Maybe a director is legally responsible but if I was paying an accountant good dosh to look after my affairs and he made a mistake that caused me to incurr penalties or major interest I would certainly expect him to pick up the bill.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
          Sorry.....

T
          Don't get me wrong ...I've got a very good understanding of my VAT, PAYE and CT responsibilities, but as far as the EOY return is concerned that's not what I'm trained in. We are talking less than £100 here and I'm not going to spend 2 days trying to prove my accountant's calcs are incorrect.
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
          X