• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

silly agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

silly agents

So I had a call from an agent today, I was driving and kept killing the call - he was very persistent.

When I did ring him back he told me he a role miles away from me - I told him it was too far but asked what the role was in case I knew anyone. He said "oh it's for an assistant buyer"...

I'm in software and nowhere on my CV does it mention buying....

Silly man.
    Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
    "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
    Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

I should start a new thread titled "paranormal agents" or something, but I put a new SIM card in my phone yesterday, and phoned the agent who found my present gig to give him my new mobile number.

Driving into work this morning, I received a call from a different agency asking if I'd be interested in a permie role (no, but thanks for asking). But then I wondered how in the name of Fairy Queen Maeve and the Seven Goblins of Galway she could have known my new number. I mean I've only had it for a day, and given it to two people

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
      I should start a new thread titled "paranormal agents" or something, but I put a new SIM card in my phone yesterday, and phoned the agent who found my present gig to give him my new mobile number.

Driving into work this morning, I received a call from a different agency asking if I'd be interested in a permie role (no, but thanks for asking). But then I wondered how in the name of Fairy Queen Maeve and the Seven Goblins of Galway she could have known my new number. I mean I've only had it for a day, and given it to two people
      Oh no

You'll have Sunday Solutions on the phone before long trying to scare you to death
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post

One only has to realise the truth: there are no agents.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
        X