• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This guy at work makes me laugh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy at work makes me laugh

He sits next to me. I say ‘Good Morning’ – he ignores me.

We seem to arrive at the same time in the car park – makes my Focus look like a supercar as he has a T reg Skoda, always immaculately polished. I proffer a friendly wave – he completely ignores me.

He waits until I get out of the car and walk to the office – today I spent longer enjoying a song on the radio, hence he bolted – I soon caught up with him, he looked right through me.

Once at the desks, I offer a friendly good morning. He pretends I don’t exist.

He wears a company tie – best polyester, of course. Personality of a brick.

End of the day – I wave goodbye. I may as well be waving to a corpse.

Appears to have chips on his shoulder, as well as his stomach.

Looks like a good contender for a new series of The Office.

I am sooo not bothered. I just find him very entertaining and enjoy expecting nothing back from a friendly hello.

Anyone else got one of those office pets?

stand by
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      I am sooo not bothered
      Clearly you are sooo not bothered that you feel the need to post about it here.

[Wilmslow: not a bad troll, but not top drawer yet]

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

We seem to arrive at the same time in the car park – makes my Focus look like a supercar as he has a T reg Skoda, always immaculately polished. I proffer a friendly wave – he completely ignores me.

He waits until I get out of the car and walk to the office – today I spent longer enjoying a song on the radio, hence he bolted – I soon caught up with him, he looked right through me.

I am sooo not bothered. I just find him very entertaining and enjoy expecting nothing back from a friendly hello.

You are Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense and I claim my limited edition box set of Most Haunted.

Comment

Yeah - the guy sitting next to me is a total moron. He keeps trying to talk to me - I keep ignoring him but he will not get the message.

I am a good company man - he thinks he is but he does not even have a company tie.

He reckons his Focus is great - he doesn't realize it is no better than my Skoda.

Most of the people here are boring - but this person out-bores them all!

Last week I pissed all over his shoes in the gents - he just ran away.

What a loser.

Comment

Wilmslow you know you can write a blog.

This enables people who are interested ,no one on CUK mind, to read your goings on.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Wilmslow you know you can write a blog.

This enables people who are interested ,no one on CUK mind, to read your goings on.
              Why do you feel the need to speak for everyone, or assume that you know what we want or do not want?
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Try grabbing him by the arm next time
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Yeah - the guy sitting next to me is a total moron. He keeps trying to talk to me - I keep ignoring him but he will not get the message.

I am a good company man - he thinks he is but he does not even have a company tie.

He reckons his Focus is great - he doesn't realize it is no better than my Skoda.

Most of the people here are boring - but this person out-bores them all!

Last week I pissed all over his shoes in the gents - he just ran away.

What a loser.
                  Brillo – I actually wrote this waiting for your usual high calibre reply – I am feeling so entertained that I forgot about my cold for a couple of seconds! It is the way you write them…..

Comment

He probably doesn't talk to contractor filth. Wait until permiedom starts next week Wilmslow and you'll be best mates by lunchtime.

Comment

Working...
                    X