• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Credit-crunch is easing !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Credit-crunch is easing !!

First Direct have been cutting their SVR in line with interest rate cuts and thus their SVR has fallen from 6.5% to 6% since January.

Now there is news that RBS are cutting rates by .3% and the profiteering Abbey are now following. It appears that an element of competition is returning to the market!!

This could be good news for house prices in a year or two, except BTLs/1 & 2 bed flats of course, which have been over-supplied and over-priced.

4 Bed detached houses will hold up nicely thankyou!!

Groan! Does that mean GB may be off the hook yet again, and win the next election?

I was so hoping for a depression ..

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
      Groan! Does that mean GB may be off the hook yet again, and win the next election?

Me too - he's horrible isn't he
      Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
      "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
      Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post

I don't really care who's in power if my house keeps rising in value, because I'll be selling up to finance a mega lifestyle away from the chaos. For most of those who have to stay here, it's their fault for voting in New Lie anyway, so they deserve what they get.

Comment

Working...
        X