• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last day of being a contractor....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last day of being a contractor....

This is a very sad day – from Monday I do the same crepe for half the money with company laptop and phone where they will expect more from me.

This is not good.

Going to keep a very keen eye on the job boards and see if I can get that magical long term contract on my doorstep. Don’t see it happening, but, as soon as the market picks up I should be in a good position to bail quickly with my weeks notice and be in a good position to get what I want before moving roles.

Any other perms reading this? What is it like in the dark side? The things we do for so called stability.

Use one of these then you don't need to post about your permie life on the board and bore us all senseless
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Don't worry Wilmslow.

Mercury will fall out of it's orbit and this will impact both the orbit and rotation of Earth, causing the planet to break up in an extremely violent and horrifying end to our world. Fortunately the good would have been spared this end by dying one day earlier. The faltering orbit of Mercury is already being monitored by scientists but there is nothing that can be done to halt it.

It came to me in a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Any other perms reading this?
        try http://forums.permieuk.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
          Don't worry Wilmslow.

Mercury will fall out of it's orbit and this will impact both the orbit and rotation of Earth, causing the planet to break up in an extremely violent and horrifying end to our world. Fortunately the good would have been spared this end by dying one day earlier. The faltering orbit of Mercury is already being monitored by scientists but there is nothing that can be done to halt it.

and Nicky G confirmed it. so it must be true.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            Don't worry Wilmslow.

Well, I am on a project with a company called Jupiter....

Comment

I was forced to go perm 'for a while' 18 months ago. I still am perm. It used to be a dirty word, now it is the norm.

However, 2 factors are preventing me from going back - one is that the company is not a corporate setup like yours and is quite laid back and even 'fun' at times. The other is 4 week notice - a killer for getting out.

Still, I consider myself a contractor at heart and hope to be back soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
                I was forced to go perm 'for a while' 18 months ago. I still am perm. It used to be a dirty word, now it is the norm.

However, 2 factors are preventing me from going back - one is that the company is not a corporate setup like yours and is quite laid back and even 'fun' at times. The other is 4 week notice - a killer for getting out.

If you had a weeks notice do you think you would move back? All I am seeing right now is the $$$'s difference.......

Comment

Forced !? The only excuse for going perm is to get paid training, and that for a year maximum.

I suppose in recession times one of those massive mortgages the Dim one was going on about might be an OK excuse.

Comment

My only permie job in the last 10 years had a 3 month notice period!!! Didn't stop me jacking it in 6 months into the job though! Seriously if you've got valid reasons and a half decent relationship with them they might be prepared to overlook that length of notice. Mine did.

Comment

Working...
                    X