• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories doing well at the local elections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tories doing well at the local elections

If only people would vote the same way at the general election.....

Comment

So it looks like Labour will come in 3rd after the Tories and the Lib Dems. It could be the worst result in 40 years and what is labours line? According to them there is no crisis and it's all down to the 10p tax issue.

Still, I hope it's a reflection of the next general election...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        So it looks like Labour will come in 3rd after the Tories and the Lib Dems. It could be the worst result in 40 years and what is labours line? According to them there is no crisis and it's all down to the 10p tax issue.

Still, I hope it's a reflection of the next general election...
        WHS

Comment

I reckon Labour will get a spanking at a general election.

From a purely personal viewpoint Cameron is the first ever tory leader I'd seriously consider voting for.

Still couldn't bring myself to vote Boris though. Or Ken. Had a debate last night with the missus, and as predicted couldn't be arsed. We went looking at houses instead ;-) great time to be looking, everyone is sh!tting themslevs and prices are tumbling. Am I mad?
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
            So it looks like Labour will come in 3rd after the Tories and the Lib Dems.
            Wouldn't it be great if Labour came 3rd in the general election and the Lib Dems became the official opposition?

The Tories just need to not do anything stupid between now and the general election, and they'll win for sure. They must be secretly hoping Ken takes London as that'll do more harm to Labour and they won't have to worry about Boris messing things up.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              I'm beginning to believe we might see the first hang parliament for a long time. People may be slightly wary (IMHO) of defecting straight from NL to the Conservatives so the LibDems might benefit enough to stop any party getting an absolute majority.

I have absolutely no facts to back that up, so open to challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                Not that you'll be arsed to vote or anything.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

New Lie should get back in again, so they can turn the economy around.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    Not that you'll be arsed to vote or anything.
                    God forbid we ever get confronted with a Boris/Ken/Elton John option at a general election ...
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X