• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Next decade 'may see no warming' ... but

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the Global Warming doomsters are trying to cover their backs (and salaries) for the next decade or so as temps are not rising as they predicted. Now they have developed a new computer model to explain it.

The Earth's temperature may stay roughly the same for a decade, as natural climate cycles enter a cooling phase, scientists have predicted.

A new computer model developed by German researchers, reported in the journal Nature, suggests the cooling will counter greenhouse warming.

However, temperatures will again be rising quickly by about 2020, they say.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7376301.stm

thank God all those green taxes have saved us

Comment

at least when it happens we'll be ready for it!

Comment

It's not Global Warming it's Climate Change remember.

It was getting hotter now it's not, ergo, it's a change, therefore pay more tax.

HTH

Comment

And as I said in a post last year, I'm happy to pay an increase in tax as the avg climate temp increases, as long as I get a cumulative tax reduction when the temp drops. Will it happen? Will it feck...

Or better still, like the ludicrous tax credit system, cut out all the public sector waste, raise the lower tax allowance and have a flat tax system.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Really?

Do you think this will spell doom for the BTL market?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X