• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client E-Newsletter...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client E-Newsletter...

... today's issue includes a section cheerily entitled:

'Stats Amazing!'

Ouch. My aching sides.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

I got this gem this morning in the newsletter:

Short cut corner:
    Lock that PC!

If you walk away from your computer or laptop ensure that you lock it so that other people cannot get to information to which you have access. Do it quickly with the short cut - [Windows key] l (letter l). The 'windows key' is found between the [Ctrl] and [Alt] keys on the keyboard (see picture to the right).

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      (see picture to the right).
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        I got this gem this morning in the newsletter:

Short cut corner:
        Lock that PC!

If you walk away from your computer or laptop ensure that you lock it so that other people cannot get to information to which you have access. Do it quickly with the short cut - [Windows key] l (letter l). The 'windows key' is found between the [Ctrl] and [Alt] keys on the keyboard (see picture to the right).
        Useful knowledge in the General Forum alert! To lock, I've been pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del then k (or w on some OS's) for years, this is a potentially vast time/energy saver.
        If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
          Useful knowledge in the General Forum alert! To lock, I've been pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del then k (or w on some OS's) for years, this is a potentially vast time/energy saver.
          Me too! Although Ctrl+Alt+Del and then hit enter is quicker.

Plus there's no Windows key on my laptop.
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Working...
          X