• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any recommendations or feedback on "Newquay Professional"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendations or feedback on "Newquay Professional"

Hi

I'm new to this Gig and I've been recommended by a mate (and ex collegue) to go with Newquay Professional. Otherwise I would consider Giant, Parasol or Recruitment & Contractor Services.

My daily rate is high, my requirements are not pay too much tax (I mean c'mon, take home 58% of gross? you must be kidding) and use an Umbrella cos I would struggle to get all paperwork and adminstration under control. It must be clean-ish cos my end Client is a major I.B. and the agency only works with legit outfits.

Specifically, can any readers give any comments or feedback, good or bad, on Newquay? have you heard of them? would you recommend them ?

thanks,
    -- Eddy

I've never heard of them before, no. That's not to say avoid them; for one inside contract I went with a small, accountant-led umbrella in Scotland who were excellent. Talk to them and if they seem legit to you, then it's your choice whether to try them or not.

my requirements are not pay too much tax (I mean c'mon, take home 58% of gross? you must be kidding)
    Go take a look round the Accounting/Legal forum for some education, I think you still need to do more research unless you want to end up in serious trouble with HMRC further down the line. >.<
    Last edited by SizeZero; 3 May 2008, 09:37.
    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

If you don't wnat to pay any more tax than necessary, go Ltd.

Through an umbrella you will be paying full PAYE/ERNICs/EENICs plus their fees, so 58% looks pretty reasonable to me. YourCo and an accountant will cost you around £1500 a year, and you get to keep around 72% of gross, and take up around two hours a month of your time. Saying you can't keep the paperwork together is a pathetic excuse, to be honest.

I hope you do better due diligence and preparation for your clients...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Come on he works for em! He's touting for business.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Saying you can't keep the paperwork together is a pathetic excuse, to be honest.
          I'd have to disagree.

There is always something more interesting to do. Like Warcraft for example.
          Or watching telly. Gardening. Having a pint. Going on holiday. Whatever.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by eddyholland View Post
            Specifically, can any readers give any comments or feedback, good or bad, on Newquay?
            Its a sh*t hole full of chavs and a surf shack owned by a rotund penis.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
              I'd have to disagree.

Why be a contractor if you can't "mind your own business".
              It takes me all of 30 minutes every month to do the paper work for my limited company. I tend to do it when the rest of chav's are watching "some kind of factor" television programme. By doing my my limited companies paper work enables me to have more pints, More holidays and a better standard of living. So I would rather do it than watch television, the gardening or play some mindless PC game. But like anything else this is my opinion.

30 mins. == 86% daily rate (not a bad ratio)

I just don't see how these can help with looking after my rate newquay professional
              Last edited by cykophysh39; 4 May 2008, 15:33.
              threenine.co.uk
              Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                I'd have to disagree.

Not a problem, it's your life. Doesn't quite equate to "I want to pay the least tax possible" though, does it.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

never heard of them

who recommended them to you or which part of the company do you work for as if its marketing -- give it up!!

Comment

Originally posted by cykophysh39 View Post
                    Why be a contractor if you can't "mind your own business".
                    It takes me all of 30 minutes every month to do the paper work for my limited company. I tend to do it when the rest of chav's are watching "some kind of factor" television programme. By doing my my limited companies paper work enables me to have more pints, More holidays and a better standard of living. So I would rather do it than watch television, the gardening or play some mindless PC game. But like anything else this is my opinion.

30 mins. == 86% daily rate (not a bad ratio)

I just don't see how these can help with looking after my rate newquay professional

WHS 100%

Comment

Working...
                    X