• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proof that the country is going to the dogs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof that the country is going to the dogs

Even the Poles et al have had enough and are upping sticks. At least they've got somewhere to go. Soon, only those suicidal al-queda types will be applying for visas. Is bomb making on the skills list?

Anyways, We're stuck here. Have to make the best of it suppose. I wonder if I can still find a plumber that speaks English

BERLIN — Some good news for Central and Eastern European countries facing labor shortages comes from a recent report by Britain's Institute for Public Policy Research.

Polish nationals, the biggest group of migrant workers to come to Britain since 2004, are clearly starting to return home. People arriving from countries such as Poland are falling, and greater numbers than before are leaving, says the report.

http://www.my-esm.com/manufacturingc...leID=207404199

YAWN!
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      YAWN!
      WHS
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Don't worry, if that story doesn't grab you, I've got a real life BTL doom story. Heard it yesterday. Will post soon.

PS: All those poles going home will lower rents, right

Comment

No

Originally posted by Turion View Post
          Even the Poles et al have had enough and are upping sticks. At least they've got somewhere to go. Soon, only those suicidal al-queda types will be applying for visas. Is bomb making on the skills list?

Anyways, We're stuck here. Have to make the best of it suppose. I wonder if I can still find a plumber that speaks English

BERLIN — Some good news for Central and Eastern European countries facing labor shortages comes from a recent report by Britain's Institute for Public Policy Research.

Polish nationals, the biggest group of migrant workers to come to Britain since 2004, are clearly starting to return home. People arriving from countries such as Poland are falling, and greater numbers than before are leaving, says the report.

http://www.my-esm.com/manufacturingc...leID=207404199

Wage inflation in Poland,increased opportunities there and the near doubling of thr value of the zloty against the pound in 4 years are long term factors for the reversal of the immigration trend. I think its more about Poland than the UK

Short term factors include their PM, Tusk declaring a tax amenesty.

Anyway, what does is matter other than the fact that the Chablis quaffing
          middle class are going to have to stop talking about how much their house is worth and have long boring discussions regarding the best way to redo their own wiring and plumbing in their rapidly devaluing house
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
            Wage inflation in Poland,increased opportunities there and the near doubling of thr value of the zloty against the pound in 4 years are long term factors for the reversal of the immigration trend. I think its more about Poland than the UK
            Ah, it makes so much sense now. Allowing the pound to fall against the European currencies to make minimum wage jobs less attractive to foreign migrants to stem and then reverse the flow.

Only problem is the effect that it has on non-core inflation. Oh yes, they have got that one covered too: just say “it’s a worldwide problem and outside the control of government”.

You have to hand it to this government; they are economic genii.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              WHS
              WTS + you are a real t0ssp0t!

Comment

genii.
                Penii.

HTH.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                  ...I've got a real life BTL doom story. Heard it yesterday. Will post soon.
                  Oh please don't - you tedious, doom-laden tw@t.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    Oh please don't - you tedious, doom-laden tw@t.
                    I'm trying to decide if this guy is a new troll or an existing posters alter-ego?

Comment

Working...
                    X