• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom Mongers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom Mongers

Dontcha just hate them?

Turion and BlasterBates: always spinning the downside. Always foretelling gloom and calamity for every kind of investment.

Listen boys, things are about as bad as they are going to get - clearly this is not really bad enough for you pair of Jonahs, but there we are.

What's the agenda here? Why don't you just go and quietly slice your wrists?

Was this the 'can do' spirit that saw us through the war? Err... nope.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

I had a look for some good news and stumbled on this one:

the least bad news I could find
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      I had a look for some good news and stumbled on this one:

the least bad news I could find
      Ah, firstrung.co.uk. Such an authoritative organ.

Give it a rest boy

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

what about Bloomberg?
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          What about Bloomberg?

So fekking what?

It's all speculation - not fact!

Financial journos are like a bunch of Chicken Lickens. They are forever predicting that the sky is about to fall on their heads but it never actually does.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            <crump>

Wot's that chunk of sky doing on my head?
            Ah well. Some only see the glass half empty.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Why don't you just go and quietly slice your wrists?
              Then we could report some good news?

Comment

A true entrepreneur is an irrepressible optimist

Think Mr Micawber*.

Something will turn up!

It will all come right in the end!

... and so on.

Anyone who constantly peddles doom and gloom cannot be entrepreneurial at all.

I recommend to you all, the power of positive thinking.

*Yes I know he did end up in debtor's prison!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

Turion and BlasterBates: always spinning the downside. Always foretelling gloom and calamity for every kind of investment.

No, big cap shares are good value on a p/e of 12, the lowest since 1992 and average yield of 4%+ so you will get income and capital growth. Combined return on cautious UK/Euro portfolio should give double digit returns annually over the next 5 - 10 years.

Regular investment in shares is a solid way to make decent returns. Boring as well so the banks won't lend money to buy shares in the normal way, like they did for BTL, which contributed to the property bubble which is now in burst mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                    No, big cap shares are good value on a p/e of 12, the lowest since 1992 and average yield of 4%+ so you will get income and capital growth. Combined return on cautious UK/Euro portfolio should give double digit returns annually over the next 5 - 10 years.

Regular investment in shares is a solid way to make decent returns. Boring as well so the banks won't lend money to buy shares in the normal way, like they did for BTL, which contributed to the property bubble which is now in burst mode.
                    Just fekk off now, will yer.

Comment

Working...
                    X