• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mass BTL Landlord Suicide!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass BTL Landlord Suicide!

Well, not really but I thought it might give a few particular losers on here a semi.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Well, not really but I thought it might give a few particular losers on here a semi.

I reckon BlasterBates will empty his sack when he reads that!

more threads like this please BM...

Comment

had the makings of a great posting bogey...

You're learning.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        You're learning.
        Unlike you.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Turion has probably creamed himself!

Nice one bogey.

Comment

BTL usually involves incurring large debts. Debt is one of the main reasons people commit suicide and there are recent cases of this type.

It's the ultimate get out of debt method, though viewed as a touch extreme as it causes angst amongst family and friends and the banks can't get any money back, unless there is another guarentor to lean on.

So don't worry comrade, there will be BTLer suicides.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/credit-...0&in_page_id=9

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
              It's the ultimate get out of debt method
              I feel bankruptcy is a better option

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                I feel bankruptcy is a better option
                Absolutely, and the Govt has made it so easy now with those voluntary order thingys. Maybe they actually anticipated the potential cascade of kamikazi debtors (bad for poll ratings you know), so have made an easy way out. So they're not so stupid after all.

OK, so that deals with the real mental debt cases, but what about ordinary Joe Splurge, who is also stuck with a mountain a debt. Reckon, they've got this covered as well. The medicin for this is a good dose of inflation. They just need to noble the BoE (if not already done). This will relieve the reckless borrowers at the expense of the careful savers. Nothing new in that I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                  BTL usually involves incurring large debts. Debt is one of the main reasons people commit suicide and there are recent cases of this type.

It's the ultimate get out of debt method, though viewed as a touch extreme as it causes angst amongst family and friends and the banks can't get any money back, unless there is another guarentor to lean on.

So don't worry comrade, there will be BTLer suicides.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/credit-...0&in_page_id=9
                  When I got divorced I learnt the best way to kiill myself.

Thank goodness the dark days have passed

Comment

Working...
                  X