• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I feel sorry for Gordon Brown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel sorry for Gordon Brown

He lives in a Lib-Dem constituency in an SNP-ruled constituent country, and works in a Conservative-led city.

At least they are all trying to stab him in the front.

If GB was put in irons and left out for the birds in the tower of London and died an agonising death after a week- I would still not feel sorry for him.

He was wrecked that country using stealth and skill.

Though I think the sun reading, football supporting, big brother watching unwashed who ask no questions are also to blame for letting him get away with it. They should be put in irons too.

Comment

Times up for Gordon, he realises that he and New Liebour have done too little too late and people are getting annoyed and worried with stealth tax and instability in the economy.

Time to give The Conservatives a shot to get Britain back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        If GB was put in irons and left out for the birds in the tower of London and died an agonising death after a week- I would still not feel sorry for him.

He was wrecked that country using stealth and skill.

Though I think the sun reading, football supporting, big brother watching unwashed who ask no questions are also to blame for letting him get away with it. They should be put in irons too.
        I think the word you're looking for is "guile".

As for people being put in irons, it should be the bastards who couldn't be arsed to vote who should be punished!

GB is a Scotsman, he hates England, what do you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
          Times up for Gordon, he realises that he and New Liebour have done too little too late and people are getting annoyed and worried with stealth tax and instability in the economy.

Time to give The Conservatives a shot to get Britain back on track.
          Eliquantly put. However, it's going to hurt before it gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Eliquantly put. However, it's going to hurt before it gets better.
            I reckon GB will try to delay the pain to get through the next election. not quite sure how he can do it - tax cuts?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I reckon GB will try to delay the pain to get through the next election. not quite sure how he can do it - tax cuts?
              I doubt tax cuts are on the agenda, he's spent so much dosh in the public sector he can't afford to give owt away. Best we can expect is less tax increases although I should think even this is unlikely as he'll just find stealthier ways of taxing instead.

The bad thing about all this tho' is that the Tories (in my opinion) aren't up to much either.

Comment

Apparently dropping the bin tax and also this years fuel tax accelerator will have us all voting NL again...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

In the brown

Way past the point of no return now. Once the ratings drop that low (24%), there is no recovery. Momentum is gone and everyone realises it's now a lost cause.
                  Tories were always hovering above the 30% mark even at their darkest hours.

Comment

Working...
                  X