• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Facebook broken?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Facebook broken?

Every time I try to log onto it, I get this:

Network Error (dns_server_failure)

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server.
    The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.
    Anyone else getting the same, or is it just me?

Moose

Works for me

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Works for me
      WHS

Comment

Facebook... WGAS ?

Comment

OK. Next question. Why do I get that message, when other internet sites (like this one) work fine? Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
            OK. Next question. Why do I get that message, when other internet sites (like this one) work fine? Huh?
            Could be a dodgy DNS cache. If you're on Windows, try ipconfig /flushdns at a command prompt (Start > Run > enter "cmd" in the input field and hit OK).

On a Mac running Leopard, use dnscacheutil -flushcache, or for earlier versions of OS X use lookupd -flushcache.

If you're using Linux, you probably have to recompile the kernel or something

EDIT: you might have to put sudo before those Mac commands and enter an administrator password. Similarly, the Windows one might need to be done from an administrator account.
            Last edited by NickFitz; 5 May 2008, 20:25.

Comment

Turn the computer off and on. if that fails, walk out of the front door and back in.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Turn the computer off and on. if that fails, walk out of the front door and back in.
                That is incorrect advice. If you are using Windows, you need to close all Windows, go out the front door, close the front door, open the front door, come back in the front door and re-open all the Windows. That cures a lot of Windows problems.

HTH
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                  That is incorrect advice. If you are using Windows, you need to close all Windows, go out the front door, close the front door, open the front door, come back in the front door and re-open all the Windows. That cures a lot of Windows problems.

HTH
                  Don't forget to stop the computer using the start menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Don't forget to stop the computer using the start menu.
                    I still like the three fingered salute. I suppose it shows my age.

Comment

Working...
                    X