• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tomorrow is a sad, sad day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow is a sad, sad day

The contractors said they will be wearing a black armband.

Same job, more hassle, and 40% less money when you look at the tax aspects.....

I was looking for another good local contract on similar money, only options were contracts on the permie money I am getting.

It is one thing having a long commute on a contract - you can see an end to it. Not so cool knowing it is 'forever', however long that may be.

A sick feeling

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    The contractors said they will be wearing a black armband.

Same job, more hassle, and 40% less money when you look at the tax aspects.....

I was looking for another good local contract on similar money, only options were contracts on the permie money I am getting.

It is one thing having a long commute on a contract - you can see an end to it. Not so cool knowing it is 'forever', however long that may be.

A sick feeling
    I feel sure you will still be welcome on CUK...

Comment

<< canned laughter >>

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I feel sure you will still be welcome on CUK...

When he's no longer a permie...

You've gotta do what feels right for you Wilmslow. If you can't secure anything that suits you (money & location wise) this is probably the right option for you until opportunities improve (the decision has probably been made easier as you're working through a brolly).

We've all got bills to pay. In a year or so things may be different (or worse), who knows. I'm still waiting for the contract to come through for a permie offer I've had. I can have a laugh at it when they finally get it sorted. I've got a few leads on contracts now so that's going in the bin anyway.

Try and get some training out of them if nothing else and skill up if you intend to return.

Don't forget to tell us how crap things are though!
        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X