• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B

Lots of people here seem to have Plan B ideas.

What is yours, and what have you done to make it happen?

I have always fancied being a driving instructor, so, my plan B is to take training to become an instructor. I would not bail out of working in IT, but, would try to do some weekend tuition as a hobby, and to allow me to keep skilled up enough to take up full time if needed.

Investigated training providers in my area, but, not taken it as far as actually taking the training.

What about your Plan B?

F O A D!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

I have always fancied being a driving instructor, so, my plan B is to take training to become an instructor. I would not bail out of working in IT, but, would try to do some weekend tuition as a hobby, and to allow me to keep skilled up enough to take up full time if needed.

Investigated training providers in my area, but, not taken it as far as actually taking the training.

What about your Plan B?
      I have always fancied using my abstract intelligence and powers of logic in work that I can find easily, that pays rather well, that I can do in short bursts without having to stick at a "career", and where I don't have to deal with Joe Public.

Comment

Driving instructor?!

I thought most people's 'Plan B' involved some sort of scalable work - i.e. work to generate a large amount of income from a minimum amount of extra work, like write a piece of software that sells like hotcakes. Obviously it is pretty difficult and rare to acheive this so Plan A is in effect until such time.

Having a non scalable plan B like driving instruction (pretty piss poor pay isn't it??) would just be another Plan A... ?

Personally, I haven't found a suitable idea to start a plan B yet
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

SKA
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

According to those adverts on crappy digital channels you could earn "up to" £36k a year.

Woo hoo - £££££!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              According to those adverts on crappy digital channels you could earn "up to" £36k a year.

Is that approximately 10k EUR?
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

36k if you work 24/7.......Say average price of a lesson is about £25 per hour, take away fuel, insurance and car maint your not left with a very healthy hourly income. Add to this the boredom of teaching the same things over and over it must drain the power of any sane human.
                whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

whoever owns the Wilmslooooooooooooooooooooooooow brand, please put a warning on threads like this one,

I nearly spilled my alpen when I read this:

I have always fancied being a driving instructor

The creativity of the Wilmsloooooooooooow character is amazing, this thread is a classic that should go into the CUK hall of fame

Milan.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford View Post
                    36k if you work 24/7.......Say average price of a lesson is about £25 per hour, take away fuel, insurance and car maint your not left with a very healthy hourly income. Add to this the boredom of teaching the same things over and over it must drain the power of any sane human.
                    Everyone finds their own level, Hank.
                    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Working...
                    X