• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pick the splinters out of my arse....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick the splinters out of my arse....

...looks like I'm off the bench as of this Thursday.

Just wish I'd made better use of my time off now

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
      ...looks like I'm off the bench as of this Thursday.
      Well done bruv
      Just wish I'd made better use of my time off now
      As in holiday or as in learning something about the tools you need for the next gig which you added to your CV and know nothing about.? Had a couple like that in the past.

Comment

I'm off the bench, and doing warm up exercises (I still don't know when the new gig will start).
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
          Well done bruv

As in holiday or as in learning something about the tools you need for the next gig which you added to your CV and know nothing about.? Had a couple like that in the past.
          I did take a holiday in the first month but the last 6 weeks I've basically wasted due to being lazy. Watched way too much daytime TV and spent way too long on my laptop pretending to be looking for work but really playing scrabble all day.

Still I am totally chilled after such a long time doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

I'm off the bench, and doing warm up exercises (I still don't know when the new gig will start).
            Doesn't sound like you're off the bench, sounds more like wishful thinking

Comment

Grats belly.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I was referring to Vectraman who say's he's off the bench, but doesn't know when he's starting the new gig. Experience tells me that if you have an offer, but you don't know when you're starting, you probably won't be starting, so you are not off the bech and should be still looking.

PS: Through bitter experience, I'm a glass half empty type contractor.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                  I was referring to Vectraman who say's he's off the bench, but doesn't know when he's starting the new gig. Experience tells me that if you have an offer, but you don't know when you're starting, you probably won't be starting, so you are not off the bech and should be still looking.

PS: Through bitter experience, I'm a glass half empty type contractor.
                  and property market expert.

Comment

Working...
                  X