• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

These flat screen tv's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These flat screen tv's

was in the local electrical shop last night, comparing the flat screen tv's, plasma lcd etc and crt

crt's are less than a third of the price of equivalent size lcd's and plasma, and no matter how big or how expensive I can't see any plasma's or lcd's which have a clearer sharper picture than the crt's

why do people spend so much hard earned on this immature technology lcd's and plasmas and put up with such crap pictures ?

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    was in the local electrical shop last night, comparing the flat screen tv's, plasma lcd etc and crt

crt's are less than a third of the price of equivalent size lcd's and plasma, and no matter how big or how expensive I can't see any plasma's or lcd's which have a clearer sharper picture than the crt's

why do people spend so much hard earned on this immature technology lcd's and plasmas and put up with such crap pictures ?

Milan.
    Milan you really do live the high-life of a contractor don't you

Comment

Have you tried mounting a CRT on the wall above your fireplace?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

oracle, less of it

Moscow, it'll be in the other corner, fireplace in one corner, tv in t' other

as it will be on it's own in a corner, there is no problem to have crt or flat screen and with the pictures so crap on the flat screens can't see any argument why not to get a traditional crt

Milan 'living the highlife' Benes.

Comment

I think CRT's are better for watching SD material.

A decent LCD or Plasma with a HD source looks the business, they don't take up half your lounge and look far sexier.

A 37" panel is a good balance for watching both SD and HD. 42" and larger makes a poor quality source look terrible.

Get yourself Sky HD and a Blueray player. Sell the passat if need be.
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

LOL

Milan.

Comment

I agree with MB: I've looked around the shops and I haven't seen anything that I thought was better picture wise than my old Sony widescreen CRT, so I've been put off "upgrading", no matter how trendy it is to own one.

My Step-Father has a HUGE plasma jobby, connected to a regular Sky SD box, and it looks terrible. It really shows up all the deficiencies of the compressed picture much more than a regular SD CRT would.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

why do people spend so much hard earned on this immature technology
                The space that it saves in the house is worth more than the price of the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  The space that it saves in the house is worth more than the price of the TV.
                  Buy a bigger house and install a home cinema!

Bloody amateurs!

Comment

expat, I like your logic,

I'll sacrifice the picture quality for a little more space,

I refer you to Winston's suggestion

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X