• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITV Drama: Flood.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITV Drama: Flood.

Flood: I had to stop watching, because it made me go red with embarrassment... Robert Carlyle, Poirot, the hippie drug dealer from Withnail & I, Tom Courtney, et al FFS! Just a bit, bloated 6th Form drama class end-of-term bit of filler material, written in a hurry pile of old doo-dah.

Thank God I'm a Permie, with a big F*** Off pay packet and a bonus you could dam the Thames with, that's what I say.

Thank your stars it wasn't a BBC drama, or it would have spent the whole time drumming in "This is caused by Global Warming....cue scenes of fat 4x4's in London.....show little timmie drowning....switch to PM talking about tax rises to reduce Carbon......Happy smily faces of 'green' families saying 'I told you so'....."

Comment

I watched for about 15 minutes before the script forced me to die. I had the feeling the entire program rested on a finale CGI fest and I couldn't be bothered waiting for it. Great cast, awful everything else..... well for that 15 minutes anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by permie_scum View Post
        Thank God I'm a Permie, with a big F*** Off pay packet and a bonus you could dam the Thames with, that's what I say.
        hmmmm

Comment

Trol troll troll
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Maybe, but he's talking sense. It was truly pish - wonder how many other people switched off after 15 mins.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Maybe, but he's talking sense. .
              Apart from the last sentence!!!
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I was quite interested in watching this until they said "...the first part of a two part drama..." THEY WERE 2 HOURS EACH?! Flippin hell, got better things to do with 4 hours... like watch 5 1/3 episodes of Lost
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                  Trol troll troll
                  Of the highest order.

Seems to be the season for them.

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                    Apart from the last sentence!!!
                    True, true. Missed that bit.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X