• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Room for one more on that bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Room for one more on that bench?

Just been told by the client that, due to their having finally found enough permies with the necessary skills (they've been recruiting since January, but only the finest have been chosen), I am now surplus to requirements, and will therefore be handing back the company MacBook in two weeks

Still, I could do with a break

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just been told by the client that, due to their having finally found enough permies with the necessary skills (they've been recruiting since January, but only the finest have been chosen), I am now surplus to requirements, and will therefore be handing back the company MacBook in two weeks

Still, I could do with a break
    If the permie rate is anything close to what you are after, would this be an option for you?

I am not the only one who has deflected to the dark side....

If on the bench, all the best, it is tough out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      If the permie rate is anything close to what you are after, would this be an option for you?
      No, I don't want to go permy - it would mean moving permanently to London, which is something I have no interest in doing. I don't know what they're paying the permies, but it wouldn't be enough

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      If on the bench, all the best, it is tough out there.
      Thanks - I'm reasonably optimistic, as I've built up a good set of contacts over the last few years, and the fact of having these last two gigs has bolstered my reputation quite a bit as well

Comment

I look forward to Nick being on the bench - plenty of time for top quality technical posts!

And testpleasedelete.com needs finishing....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I look forward to Nick being on the bench - plenty of time for top quality technical posts!

And testpleasedelete.com needs finishing....

Not sure testpleasedelete.com will pay the bills, but it's a useful place to experiment - I'll be sure to document any technological breakthroughs in TPD for your convenience

Comment

Not sure testpleasedelete.com will pay the bills, but it's a useful place to experiment - I'll be sure to document any technological breakthroughs in TPD for your convenience
            What does jdjdsjd stand for?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                What does jdjdsjd stand for?
                just do just do sod just do

Comment

Of course you played it cool right? You must have told the client: "What a coincidence, as I was just about to tell you that I have a great new project and will not be staying on, so it is very fortunate for you to have found permie replacement for me". So to you.

Comment

Nick, do you think it's really a case of them finding enough elite permies or more an adverse reaction to Microsoft walking away from that deal (as in stock levels may fall and they must cut overheads?)
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X