• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Repossessions set for dramatic rise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repossessions set for dramatic rise

Here's tonights property doom article. Basically it counters the argument that repo numbers will be muted this time as the govt insists. Not so argues charity Shelter, who say Joe Publics borrowing binge and spending splurge will result in 0000's of repos, just like the early '90's.

House repossession rates this year could hit levels not seen since the last property crash in the early Nineties, because an increasing number of people have taken out secondary loans on their homes, says the homelessness charity Shelter. Its report is in stark contrast to government assurances that there will be no repeat of the last housing crisis when hundreds of thousands of people lost their homes as prices crashed.

Shelter maintains the number of repossessions will be far higher than the government and mortgage lenders predict because this time around many homeowners have taken out loans secured against their property as they cash in on inflated house prices. Often the loans have been used for holidays, home improvements or to pay off credit cards.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008...rices.property

Can you post your house price predictions some where else please?

Your threads are more boring then AtW's lunch threads.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Can you post your house price predictions some where else please?

Your threads are more boring then AtW's lunch threads.
      I think he is AtW ...
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Mmmmmm - lunch.

Haven't had breakfast yet.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          I think he is AtW ...
          Not sure.

My guess it some loser who has been banned from House Price Crash.

Deadbeat!

Comment

Boring

Turion = AtW MarkII

Comment

I thought Turion = Denny ...?
              And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                I thought Turion = Denny ...?
                Can't be. Turion just cuts and pastes drivel he finds on the net. Denny's drivel was at least original.

Comment

Great posting Turion. Really interesting.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

I myself thought it was a good worthwhile post. I am no fan of Turion (or BB) - but credit where credit is due.

Comment

Working...
                    X