• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transition Document?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transition Document?

Question for the Panel.

I have been sourced with attempting to get a BI Solution developed by a 3rd party transitioned to our internal BI IT Department so they can
    a) Support it
    b) Do Bug Fixes and New Change Requests

Unfortunetly the 3rd party is ignoring all requests for documentation on source systems etc, stating that this would detract them from finishing and supporting the system for their business sponsors and stupidly the business sponsors when met with a situation where they might not get their solution finished refuse to push the 3rd party.

I own 1/2 of the Enterprise BI Solution for our department, the 3rd party is the BA, developers, PM's etc, because the other half of the department has handed over control. The sponsors dont want to pay for the 3rd Party company and seem to think IT can just 'pick it up' simply and it's therefore my problem.

Its horribly political. I now need to document all of the steps necessary to provide to the business sponsors, so they can see what they need to push the 3rd party for to transition. If they dont do it, then obviously the business sponsors are to blame and not me.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a 'transition document' or point me at something similar?

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a 'transition document' or point me at something similar?
    The best solution would be to pucker up and point your lips at the gaping hole between your legs and kiss your ass (and permiedom) goodbye.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      The best solution would be to pucker up and point your lips at the gaping hole between your legs and kiss your ass (and permiedom) goodbye.

HTH.
      Couldn't of put it better myself !

Comment

I dunno why these noddy cheap skate sme's go for these nonsense little bi solutions, there's only one .Net and they should get their cheque books out and get stuck into .Net proper

Milan.

Comment

Working...
        X