• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OpenOffice Software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenOffice Software

Does anyone here use OpenOffice?

Is is completely FREE and compatible with MS Office Word/Excel/etc.. formats.

Try it out here... http://www.openoffice.org/

This isn't the place to post about IT stuff.

Try house prices, old (read ancient) tv shows, politics, holidays, family problems or moaning indecision.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      This isn't the place to post about IT stuff.

Try house prices, old (read ancient) tv shows, politics, holidays, family problems or moaning indecision.
      Wilmsloooooow!
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

So u haven't tried it then!

Comment

I have tried it. It works within limitations. It's old news though...unless you have discovered something new and exciting?

Comment

Originally posted by up4it View Post
            So u haven't tried it then!
            Yes, but I prefer MS Office. Open source doesn't always mean better...
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I had it for a while, but their version of excel doesn't seem to handle macros too well, I had to go back to MS Office

Comment

I just think it is a good product though it can be a little slow to load up!

Not sure I would want to be doing my CV using it though. As all the agents will be using MS Office and the formatting could go a little skee-wiff!

Comment

Originally posted by up4it View Post
                  Does anyone here use OpenOffice?

Is is completely FREE and compatible with MS Office Word/Excel/etc.. formats.

Try it out here... http://www.openoffice.org/
                  Completely free??? This is crazy? why have I been paying so much in the past?

Tell me, is there any other free software out there?
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Completely free??? This is crazy? why have I been paying so much in the past?

Tell me, is there any other free software out there?
                    Apparently there's a really good browser called Fire-something. I've been told you don't have to pay for that either. Maybe I should start a new thread.
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X