• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I can hardly believe this wasn't already banned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can hardly believe this wasn't already banned

Boris Johnson has banned the consumption of alcohol on the tube, trams, DLR and buses.

Wonder why KKKKen didn't do it?

Answer: because he is an alchy.

This was one of BJ's (oh dear, he's got an unfortunate shorthand name, hasn't he ?) campaign pledges.

Nice to see that a few days after election, he's put it on the table. Even if it doesn't go anywhere, he's making an effort.

How many politicians do that ?
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      Boris Johnson has banned the consumption of alcohol on the tube, trams, DLR and buses.
      It's one thing banning it and another implementing the ban. Short of searching people upon entering the tube station how will they now if I have 6 cans of Stella on me?

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
        This was one of BJ's (oh dear, he's got an unfortunate shorthand name, hasn't he ?) campaign pledges.

Nice to see that a few days after election, he's put it on the table. Even if it doesn't go anywhere, he's making an effort.

How many politicians do that ?
        It starts on June 1st - quite how it's to be enforced I'm not sure.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I thought it was banned too, but have seen the odd bloke get on with a tin of stella or special brew in his hand.

Ken didn't think of banning this because Labour support lager swilling dole scroungers wherever they are.

Good one Boris
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

I think carrying will be OK but consumption will not (just guessing)

I think if you get caught on CCTV you might get a fine? (another guess)

Will we go the way of the brown paper bag?

I’m sure he’s thought it through..
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I think it's more likely that the passengers are arriving and using the transport already drunk, having been out on a night on the town.

I've seen plenty of drunks on the transport system. I've only ever seen 1 or 2 with actual cans in their hands.

It's not the taking and consumption of booze on to the vehicles, it's the consumption before they arrive that needs to be dealt with.

Breathalisers at the barriers ?
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                This was one of BJ's (oh dear, he's got an unfortunate shorthand name, hasn't he ?)
                BoJo?

Comment

BoJo the Clown ! Good one Lucy !

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    BoJo?
                    Bo Job
                    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X