• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK House Prices Tumbling - Interest Rate Conundrum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK House Prices Tumbling - Interest Rate Conundrum

Interesting house price and general UK economy analysis in this article. Among other things is a forecast of 15% drop in house prices by Aug 2009 and also predictions that a panicky govt will try to inflate the economy by making BoE abandon the 2% inflation target (thought they done that already). Also some stuff about how the tax payer is now supporting the banks and borrowers through its mortgage for treasory loans exchange scheme.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article4625.html

Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Interesting house price and general UK economy analysis in this article. Among other things is a forecast of 15% drop in house prices by Aug 2009 and also predictions that a panicky govt will try to inflate the economy by making BoE abandon the 2% inflation target (thought they done that already). Also some stuff about how the tax payer is now supporting the banks and borrowers through its mortgage for treasory loans exchange scheme.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article4625.html
    Do you have any other interests or hobbies Turion?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Mission improbable

Turion, your task for the day (should you choose to cheer up a bit) is to find some positive news on the economy.

This forum will self-destruct in 5 seconds...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Turion, your task for the day (should you choose to cheer up a bit) is to find some positive news on the economy.

Failing that find a squirrel to molest.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

For some people this could be seen as positive news...
          my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Good. Houses prices will come down to reasonable levels. You have to admit they were nuts. I'm sure the banks will keep money pretty tight for a couple years at least.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
            X