• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annual letter from the CSA... anyone else?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual letter from the CSA... anyone else?

Every year, first week of May, I get a letter from the CSA saying "these are your payments for the next 12 months" blah blah.

Every year I write them a letter reminding them that I pay my ex-wife directly and would they please stop bothering me. Also please remember this for next year.

Then repeat.

Anyone else have this each and every year?

Supplementary question: as the CSA asks for less then I'm currently paying, although the amount I am paying was agreed and stated in the decree thingy, could I reduce my payments to the lesser amount without being hauled back into court?

My wife (we're not yet divorced) and I have agreed some figures, to the tune of about 40% of my net salary as maintenance for her and the kids. Is that a reasonable figure?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      My wife (we're not yet divorced) and I have agreed some figures, to the tune of about 40% of my net salary as maintenance for her and the kids. Is that a reasonable figure?
      Depends on the number of children and your net salary figure.

Seems very high, have a look at the CSA website, it has a calculator indicating how much you should pay if you went via them.

Comment

I thought the fascist CSA was gonna be scrapped!

Comment

Maintenance for her? These days it's more about maintenance for the children. Do you plan on paying maintenance to her for ever? Try to get a "clean break" from her then maint for the kids. 40% seems very high. As BA said, use the CSA website for guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
            Depends on the number of children and your net salary figure.

Seems very high, have a look at the CSA website, it has a calculator indicating how much you should pay if you went via them.
            2 kids.

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Maintenance for her? These days it's more about maintenance for the children. Do you plan on paying maintenance to her for ever? Try to get a "clean break" from her then maint for the kids. 40% seems very high. As BA said, use the CSA website for guidance.
            She tells me that because we've been together for 20 years she's entitled to maintenance. I don't want them in financial hardship. If she shacks up with someone else, then we'll review it.

Comment

I paid £50 pw for my kids, with nothing for the ex. When they were 16 , I reduced it, then reduced it further every year, till they were 19.

The amount I reduced it by I paid directly into their accounts, as I reckon they can spend it more wisely than she could.

I add ition to this I paid for any unusual expenses like uniforms, school trips shoes etc. Plus holidays.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Supplementary question: as the CSA asks for less then I'm currently paying, although the amount I am paying was agreed and stated in the decree thingy, could I reduce my payments to the lesser amount without being hauled back into court?
                You have the right to go to the CSA to change child maintenance payments. This right comes into effect 12 months after the court order (i.e. you must pay what the court says for a minimum of 12 months).

This is for child maintenance only. Any spousal maintenance you will have to go back to court to vary...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

She tells me that because we've been together for 20 years she's entitled to maintenance.
                  That what her solicitor says. What does yours say.

I don't want them in financial hardship.
                  The guilt thing, eh? Forget it. I fell for that. She could try getting a job. While she is maintained, she won't bother.

If she shacks up with someone else, then we'll review it.
                  Yeah, right.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    You have the right to go to the CSA to change child maintenance payments. This right comes into effect 12 months after the court order (i.e. you must pay what the court says for a minimum of 12 months).

This is for child maintenance only. Any spousal maintenance you will have to go back to court to vary...
                    Really?? I'd be VERY VERY grateful for a link if you have one, else I'll get onto the old solicitor.

Comment

Working...
                    X