• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear (tm) Police State Looms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear (tm) Police State Looms

This f***ing government. Rather than tackle the roots of the problem they paper over the cracks with draconian measures of social control. PLEASE don't vote for them again.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...police.ukcrime
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    This f***ing government. Rather than tackle the roots of the problem they paper over the cracks with draconian measures of social control. PLEASE don't vote for them again.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...police.ukcrime
    Seems to me that NL are seeing Bozza getting on with the job and it scares them...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Sorry, I can't take anyone seriously who:

1. Reads the Guardian
      2. Has that evil arse hole as an av
      Last edited by Lucy; 8 May 2008, 09:52. Reason: spellling as pointed out by chantho

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
        Sorry, I can take anyone seriously who:

1. Reads the Guardian
        can't

In complete agreement with you, Lucy.
        If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
          can't

In complete agreement with you, Lucy.
          I'm ill

Comment

I'm ill
            So true...
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

So it is wrong for the police to target the known trouble makers and make their lives difficult. I fail to see how this is a bad thing. If these little cherubs were not out causing grief to others then they wouldn't be on this particular list would they.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

These measures will just be used to control the law abiding middle classes. the chavs will still get away with it.

Root cause is fatherlessness. Sort out the family courts and all else will get alot better.

Comment

Sorry, I can't take anyone seriously who:

1. Reads the Guardian
                  Thanks for your reasoned contribution to the debate.
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    So it is wrong for the police to target the known trouble makers and make their lives difficult. I fail to see how this is a bad thing. If these little cherubs were not out causing grief to others then they wouldn't be on this particular list would they.
                    No, it's wrong to introduce powers that can apply to anybody (which are open to abuse) to solve a problem with 0.1% of the population.

These sort of powers should have judicial oversight before they are invoked.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X