• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Oh Dear(tm) moment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Oh Dear(tm) moment

This has disaster written all over it!

Linky

An online database of workers accused of theft and dishonesty – regardless of whether they have been convicted of any crime – which bosses can access when vetting potential employees.

Does someone else want to tell MarillionFan or should I just PM him.

If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear.

More database bollocks designed to protect us, but actually puts more power into the hands of a jobsworth.

/rant.

Could you prosecute somebody under any law for giving a false report?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      This has disaster written all over it!

Linky

Does someone else want to tell MarillionFan or should I just PM him.
      Permies who have nicked post-its etc. from the stationery cupboard must be tulipting themselves now.
      If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Credit checks, criminal records checks, dismissal records checks – no wonder employers complain that they ‘cannot find any suitable people’ so they have to hire someone from abroad. How are the government ever going to get the sick back to work as they claim? If there is a bad recession and many get into financial difficulty then they will never work again; a whole generation could be condemned to poverty for the rest of their lives.

Somehow, I don’t think that the government ever though through what would happen to those that failed all these tests when they did the cost-benefit analysis of the project.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Credit checks, criminal records checks, dismissal records checks – no wonder employers complain that they ‘cannot find any suitable people’ so they have to hire someone from abroad.
          None of whom have any bad records in the UK databases, so they must be all right.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            when they did the cost-benefit analysis of the project.
            Guessed. You have got to be joking surely

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              None of whom have any bad records in the UK databases, so they must be all right.
              Bingo, like those air-side workers at Heathrow! I think you've cracked it expat.

Comment

Working...
              X