• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tips, tricks and old wives' tales: Sunburn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips, tricks and old wives' tales: Sunburn

Here's one to make you laugh.
    Those of you who've met me will know I'm your typical blonde haired, blue eyed Scandinavian type. I therefore burn easily. Especially in tropical climates like this one.

And this is what has happened.

Yesterday, out sailing on a catamaran, I got a tad sunburnt. Think 'lobster'. Also - I still have a spot of mild sunstroke.

I'm drinking as much water as I can, and have covered myself in aloe vera lotion, but it looks like it's going to be peeling badly in a couple of days.

Any tips?

RH

I guess it's on your back and shoulders so I would suggest doggystyle for the rest of the trip.

HTH

Edit: sorry to hear BTW.
    Last edited by Pondlife; 8 May 2008, 11:31. Reason: sympathy

Comment

natural yoghurt helps on sunburn (no, really)

Comment

Pondlife is awarded 5 RH smut points.

Comment

Rub fresh cow manure on it!

It's an old country remedy!

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
            natural yoghurt helps on sunburn (no, really)
            Tried that one this morning. Left it on for about 15 min then took a lukewarm bath.
            Result: Mildly alleviated it, smell faintly of yoghurt.

Comment

the aloe vera needs to be very pure to have any decent effect I think about 97% and above.

Plenty of moisturiser into your skin will reduce the peeling, use a non scented one as the alcohol can sting!
              "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                Here's one to make you laugh.
                Those of you who've met me will know I'm your typical blonde haired, blue eyed Scandinavian type. I therefore burn easily. Especially in tropical climates like this one.

And this is what has happened.

Yesterday, out sailing on a catamaran, I got a tad sunburnt. Think 'lobster'. Also - I still have a spot of mild sunstroke.

I'm drinking as much water as I can, and have covered myself in aloe vera lotion, but it looks like it's going to be peeling badly in a couple of days.

Any tips?

RH
                Hey sweetie - how was the wedding? I guess you are still on honeymoon - get back to bed you nutter....
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Try over applying deep heat to somewhere not sunburned. This will take your mind off the sunburn.*

Take some ibuprofen with codeine - will take away the pain.

* don't do this really.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Camomile Lotion to moisturise the skin and prevent irritation according to my GF

Comment

Working...
                    X