• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

National Staff Dismissal Register (NSDR)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Staff Dismissal Register (NSDR)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7389547.stm

The register is an initiative of Action Against Business Crime (AABC), a partnership between the Home Office and the British Retail Consortium.

Set up by Surrey-based firm Hicom Business Solutions, the database will allow employers to search for potential workers by name, address, date of birth, national insurance number and previous employer.

I bet agencies will love this and contractors who won't accept a rate cut will go straight on.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...tm-moment.html

Or the post-it note thieves as Chan said.

Comment

Workers sacked for these offences will be included on the register, regardless of whether police had enough evidence to convict them. Also on the list will be employees who resigned before they could face disciplinary proceedings at work.
      So, if you're accused of "stealing, forgery, fraud, damaging company property or causing a loss to their employers and suppliers", make sure you don't resign. And if you're sacked, sue for unfair dismissal.

I wonder if workers will be extended to "suppliers employees".

Should a dispute take place between an employee and an employer about whether an incident occurred, Mr Schuck adds, the worker will be able to appeal to the Information Commissioner's Office.
      Or the worker can simply sue for libel.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

NB if in the Police (or an MP) you get to retire on a fat pension on health grounds if caught with fingers in the till

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7389547.stm

The register is an initiative of Action Against Business Crime (AABC), a partnership between the Home Office and the British Retail Consortium.

Set up by Surrey-based firm Hicom Business Solutions, the database will allow employers to search for potential workers by name, address, date of birth, national insurance number and previous employer.

I bet agencies will love this and contractors who won't accept a rate cut will go straight on.
          Websites allowing contractors to publish reviews of agencies have generally fallen foul of threats of legal action by agencies "defamed" by the comments. I look forward to this Orwellian blacklist suffering the same fate.

Comment

I'm sure the information comissioner might have something to say regarding this...
            B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
              I'm sure the information comissioner might have something to say regarding this...
              Something like "f**k me where could I have left that CD?"

Comment

and I bet if you write to them demanding to retrieve any data pertaining to yourself (data protection act) and you will in turn be black listed.

I'm quite suprised that nothing like this has ever been put in place before tbh.

The thing is that one day someone will fail a credit check, go on a search to find out why only to find that some spiteful t*sser falsely decided to black list them on the db and then its off to the courts morning , noon and night.

The business plan for the company holding the database must have an army of lawyers and legals representatives otherwise it would collapse within 1 month.

The world is going crazy ... keep a dossier of everone at work and use it against them covertly why not ... mail their future employees ... mail personnel and inform them that Joe Bloggs has too many toilet breaks so they should not get a rise this year !... the world has gone mad I tell ya ..!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Or the worker can simply sue for libel.
                  In my case I will be suing you for discrimination and victimisation.

Much cheaper than a libel case.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You're quite right...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05...ssal_register/
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X