• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thud thud thud thud thud thud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the noise of me banging my head on the desk...

What's so difficult about

RA0 EQU 0
    RA1 EQU 1

etc.?

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    That's the noise of me banging my head on the desk...

What's so difficult about

RA0 EQU 0
    RA1 EQU 1

etc.?
    I have no idea what you are on about. Doesn't mean it's not simple though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Sounds more like the start of Apocalypse Now to me.

Da Da LA Da Daa. This is the End ...
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I think it is some sort of assembler code. Early man used to use that sort of thing on their abacuses.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Why is this stuff still being taught? Or is the course title something like "Really old computer systems and how to cock about with them"?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Why is this stuff still being taught? Or is the course title something like "Really old computer systems and how to cock about with them"?
            Because how can you expect to be a real engineer if you don't fully understand the processes involved?

To the best of my knowledge, .NEt won't run on a PIC.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              It is, as the dog said, an engineering degree...

We engineers (an me in particular) seem to spend quite a lot of time bit fiddling in assembler.

Though it must be said that the PIC is a curiously unfriendly device with a peculiarly odd assembly language syntax.
              I know...

Comment

I seem to remember those from my uni days (Electronic Engineering).

Good job I don't have anything to do with them these days...
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Because how can you expect to be a real engineer if you don't fully understand the processes involved?

To the best of my knowledge, .NEt won't run on a PIC.
                  Nor will most of the programs written by students for them!

Why can't it be done in an emulator? Would save a lot of faff and you still learn the principles.

Comment

I miss assembly language... haven't done anything much with it since writing some fast graphics, animation and 3D rendering routines for the ARM on the Archimedes in the early nineties.

How are the mighty fallen...

Comment

Working...
                    X