• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free Gary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Gary

Now calm down, I know what you sickos are thinking.

No, I refer to Gary McKinnon, who is being extradited from Britain to the US, even though the US has not signed an extradition treaty with the UK. It is not possible to extradite a US citizen from the US to face trial in the UK, but the NL are happy to hand anyone over to the US at the drop of a hat. Stupid NL drones at work.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4721183.stm

He says he was looking for evidence of UFO's etc on the military systems.

Now he faces up to 70 yrs in a US prison or even death.

Anyone fancy wearing a "Free Gary" t-shirt?

Actually the bloke sounds like a total nob.

http://www.spy.org.uk/freegary/archives/enemy_combatant_status/index.html

A sort of UFO hunting AtW.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      Actually the bloke sounds like a total nob.
      Didn't you guess that from his photo in the first article?

Comment

He looks sort of like the help desk numpties they send round when you say your PC is playing up.

"Yeah your IP address is broken mate, probably a service pack caused it to close a port or somefing. I'm gonna install a new TCP/IP stack and you'll be back online in no time."

Comment

He looks sort of like the help desk numpties they send round when you say your PC is playing up.

"Yeah your IP address is broken mate, probably a service pack caused it to close a port or somefing. I'm gonna install a new TCP/IP stack and you'll be back online in no time."
          You've obviously got top end help desk numpties at your place. For class service, try phoning NTL and they tell you "it's your firewall, mate. Turn that off and it should be alright. If not, reformat your hard drive. XP, eh? Sorry, we don't support that. Goodbye."

Comment

well we didnt even ask for brits back who they were (are?) holding in guantanemo so its safe to say we just do what they want.
            All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Get someone else to keep our criminals

So the American taxpayer will be paying to keep our criminals and it should put other off hacking our systems. Same with the Guantanamo Bay prisoners.

Comment

He is a criminal to committed crimes in the USA electonically. Just because there is no treaty does not mean extradictions won't work, I can't remember USA returning anyone to the UK possibly because UK citizens who commit crimes here don't run to the USA, but maybe not.

Can't remember UK asking for extradiction and getting rejection from the USA.

Comment

even though the US has not signed an extradition treaty with the UK. :
                  Err unless the canceled it there has been one since 1972
                  http://www.statewatch.org/news/2003/...aUKUS1972.html

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    He is a criminal to committed crimes in the USA electonically. Just because there is no treaty does not mean extradictions won't work, I can't remember USA returning anyone to the UK possibly because UK citizens who commit crimes here don't run to the USA, but maybe not.

Can't remember UK asking for extradiction and getting rejection from the USA.
                    No, I'll tell you the reason. Tony Blair happily signed up the UK to what was supposed to be a bilateral treaty. The USA did not. Blair fell for a ruse to get a unilateral treaty.

The net result is that we must let the USA extradite brits from the UK, but not vice versa, presumably to protect NorAid members.

Comment

Working...
                    X