• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office politics…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office politics…

Argh, this place is now starting to get to me.

I have been asked to complete an online form requesting the ‘perk’ of a laptop with VPN. Not quite trusted for the 3G card, which would have actually made it bearable.

Had to complete this daft online form quoting a board member who will support my application. Er… Not MY application, it is my boss’s. It was a lot easier to handle when boss was my client.

Oh, joy.

The younger local permies are not happy about my 7-3 hours and kicking off completely missing the point that it is a case of 7-3, or not working here because of the 3 hour 9-5 commute against an hour for 7-3.

The sooner I get this laptop come to think of it, the sooner I may be able to have the odd day home working. If only 3G I would be able to ‘work’ from the beach when the summer sun kicks in.

Hmm…. Wonder if getting the Three dongle will also work on a works laptop? Probably not…..

Cursing this credit crunch and the doom of nice contracts………..

Oh FFS. Shut it you whinging loser
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

WHS - if you can't do the time don't do the crime

Comment

Oh dear.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Oh FFS. Shut it you whinging loser
          WHS
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            permie job

hoops I am jumping through

Comment

I'm pretty much sure we've passed the;

Wilmsloooooooow
              <<canned laughter>>

stage now. If he were a horse, he'd be dog food or glue by now.

Someone pleeeease put him out of his misery. It's the kind thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                permie job

hoops I am jumping through
                Flaming hoops

Comment

The younger local permies are not happy about my 7-3 hours and kicking off completely missing the point that it is a case of 7-3, or not working here because of the 3 hour 9-5 commute against an hour for 7-3.
                  I would have thought that they would be happy, having you in the office for fewer hours at the same time as them.

Comment

Argh, this place is now starting to get to me.

I have been asked to complete an online form requesting the ‘perk’ of a laptop with VPN. Not quite trusted for the 3G card, which would have actually made it bearable.

Had to complete this daft online form quoting a board member who will support my application. Er… Not MY application, it is my boss’s. It was a lot easier to handle when boss was my client.

Oh, joy.

The sooner I get this laptop come to think of it, the sooner I may be able to have the odd day home working. If only 3G I would be able to ‘work’ from the beach when the summer sun kicks in.

Hmm…. Wonder if getting the Three dongle will also work on a works laptop? Probably not…..

I enjoy your regular "Dear Diary..." posts ... keep 'em up !

It helps me resolve never to go perm ever again.

Comment

Working...
                    X