• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going perm - IR35 implications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going perm - IR35 implications

Spend 1, 2, 3 years as a contractor, running under limited, doing it all outside IR35.. then the client WANTS YOU and you start perm with them on the Monday.. what are the IR35 implications here, would your previous 'contract' work immediately be subject to IR35?

Not that it's happening to myself, but it could potentially be happening to a colleague I work with.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 7 October 2011, 12:20.
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

IR35 is on a contract by contract basis, so it should have no effect on the status of the previous contracts. they will be judged on their own merits.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
      Spend 1, 2, 3 years as a contractor, running under limited, doing it all outside IR35.. then the client WANTS YOU and you start perm with them on the Monday.. what are the IR35 implications here, would your previous 'contract' work immediately be subject to IR35?
      IR35 was aimed at stopping the opposite from happening - badly aimed and missed, but nevertheless, aimed!

IR35 was designed to (among other things like destroying entrepreneurialism and enterprise) initiate a migration of independent business people back into the clutches of easy tax-fleecedom and control.

I'm not for a moment suggesting that this is the reason you are now perm, but Hector will almost certainly think he has won that battle in your case, and leave you alone - a sort of blessing.
      When you encounter speed humps, sound your horn in protest.

Comment

Working...
      X