• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour in 'lowest ever' poll rating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour in 'lowest ever' poll rating

A Good News post for once (unless you happen to be Gordo )

Still, the old bugger has got 2 years, and that a long time in politics. Maybe he can turn it around, but I doubt it as there's nothing left in the pot. No credibility or money. He's pissed it every which way and any more tax rises will just reduce his support further.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/2008050...g-dba1618.html

But it's for hard working families, and the little nurses, it's only fair.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Great doom posting Turion, looks like its curtains for Gordo.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I reckon one of the few things that could do for the tories just now is how Boris handles London. If in the intervening period between now and an election he screws up spectacularly (Quite possible I reckon, but let's wait and see) he might jeapordise Camerons bid ...
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Jeopardise...

It took ages to figure that one out...
          I know, my spell checker came up with the following:

seaport's seaports vaporised recordist vaporise

I just gave up and went with what I thought it should be.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            I reckon one of the few things that could do for the tories just now is how Boris handles London. If in the intervening period between now and an election he screws up spectacularly (Quite possible I reckon, but let's wait and see) he might jeapordise Camerons bid ...
            I think you are right there.
            Boris will have th efull backing of the Torys trying to make sure it all goes smoothly.
            NL will be trying to scupper him and will blame him for anything at all that goes wrong in London even if it is beyond BoJos control.

Should be an interest microchosm to watch.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              NL will be trying to scupper him and will blame him for anything at all that goes wrong in London even if it is beyond BoJos control.
              To be fair, they all do that. Comes with the territory, you're in power - you take the plaudits when all is good and the criticism when it all goes wrong. Though you usually get a few years of blaming the last lot.

Anyone ever read Paxmans book on politicians? Essentially he reckons most of it is out of their control, which seems to be not too far from the truth quite often.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Jeopardise...

It took ages to figure that one out...
                r.i.s.k.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Support for Gordon Brown's Labour Party has slumped to its lowest since records began in 1930, according to an opinon poll.

The latest survey puts the Tories on 49 per cent - a massive 26 points ahead of Labour on 23 per cent.
                  That's almost unbelievable!

It blows my mind to think 23% of the population support Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    To be fair, they all do that. Comes with the territory, you're in power - you take the plaudits when all is good and the criticism when it all goes wrong. Though you usually get a few years of blaming the last lot.
                    Ten
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X