• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Siege lawyer hit at least five times..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siege lawyer hit at least five times..

Was this an over-kill ??

I believe they could have shot to diasble him, not shoot in the heart, head and liver...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...es-824911.html
    Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

disagree. first line should always be to remove any danger.

if the person is breathing and moving, they can fire. this is the reason most special ops use the 'double tap' 1 to kill them, the second to kill them again.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

No it wasn't overkill. They shoot to remove the danger. They aim for the body - it's the easiest part to hit.

They're going down and staying down.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by oloks View Post
        Was this an over-kill ??

I believe they could have shot to diasble him, not shoot in the heart, head and liver...

Yes, after all, he was only standing at a window firing a shotgun out onto the street...
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by oloks View Post
          Was this an over-kill ??

I shouldn't think it was overkill. More likely there were five weapons pointed at him as he raised his weapon to shoot and each officer fired once.

If you're about to be shot at, you shoot to kill. This is, has always been and will always be, police policy. One very dead gunman is better than one dead copper.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Shoot to disable is a myth - it is not in police training.

The guy was firing at police - what are they supposed to do issue him with a caution?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              I shouldn't think it was overkill. More likely there were five weapons pointed at him as he raised his weapon to shoot and each officer fired once.

If you're about to be shot at, you shoot to kill. This is, has always been and will always be, police policy. One very dead gunman is better than one dead copper.
              They'd have killed him even more times if he was wearing a rucksack...

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                disagree. first line should always be to remove any danger.

if the person is breathing and moving, they can fire. this is the reason most special ops use the 'double tap' 1 to kill them, the second to kill them again.
                They are trained shooters, they can achieve disabling him rather than killing him. The guy is sick he needed help, he is not an animal
                Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

Comment

if i was one of the cops, i'd rather know my mucker was aiming to kill the guy just in case my bullet didnt do the job.

Shoot him in the leg or the arm, yes he'll be floored, but he could shoot at me.

wake up lad, own safety first!
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

One less lawyer is not a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X