• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Role

So did you ever get a time where you can't find your next job? How long did it last? What d'ya do 'bout it, huh?

Originally posted by mikebird View Post
    So did you ever get a time where you can't find your next job? How long did it last? What d'ya do 'bout it, huh?

Welcome to Hell kid.

Comment

I posted on a forum a lot to keep myself amused.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Give us some stats like how long you been on bench, how many applications made, how many interviews etc. Then we can diagnose the seriousness of your case and recommend appropriate medicin.

Comment

I was "on the bench" for 6 months. Luckily I can drive a lorry which got me £600 a week. Not great cash but kept me busy and kept the savings intact.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            Welcome to Hell kid.
            Hey Alf.. how are things? thought you went permie?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              I was "on the bench" for 6 months. Luckily I can drive a lorry which got me £600 a week. Not great cash but kept me busy and kept the savings intact.
              I thought about getting a taxi licence to get me through the hard times... the trouble is I hate dealing with the public.

Anyone need a chauffeur? Threaded??
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                How many hours did you have to do for £600? (genuine question)

Comment

Stolen from Franko:

"First it was only help desk and everybody else felt his job was safe.
                  Then development was outsourced but system administrators felt their job was safe.
                  Then system administration was outsourced too but architects and consultants felt their jobs were safe.
                  Then architect/consultant jobs were outsourced but business analysts and manager felt safe.
                  Now I am increasing seeing a lot of business analysts and managers overseas "

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    ... the trouble is I hate dealing with the public.
                    Sounds perfect then.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X