• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Household income by postcode

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Household income by postcode

Anyone aware of any (free) online resources that show UK incomes (disposable or otherwise) by geographical location - ideally postcode.

A quick Google didn't find an exact match but am still looking - thought I would ask in case one of the congregation had something similar bookmarked.

UpMyStreet shows average weekly wage for an area. Stick in the postcode, click Go, then click on Read your neighbourhood profile.

HTH

Edit: Actually, it only shows the figure for average salary of people in the local authority the postcode you enter is located. For something more accurate I guess you'd be looking at paying Mintel or someone similar.
    Last edited by DiscoStu; 11 May 2008, 15:38.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      UpMyStreet shows average weekly wage for an area. Stick in the postcode, click Go, then click on Read your neighbourhood profile.

HTH

Edit: Actually, it only shows the figure for average salary of people in the local authority the postcode you enter is located. For something more accurate I guess you'd be looking at paying Mintel or someone similar.
      Not a bad suggestion but not sure of the accuracy of their information.
      Snippet of info for my postcode which is a town:

"Recreational activity includes many rural pursuits. Walking, gardening and wildlife are all popular interests although perhaps the children prefer the cinema. With fewer major shopping centres in the more remote areas, there are relatively high levels of shopping on the Internet and by catalogue."

Comment

You could try this site that allows you to search for ACORN information by postcode, that might have accurate info. You need to register but it looks like it's free (sorry, I couldn't be arsed to fill out the form )
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
        X