• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yuppie flue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuppie flue

Whatever happened to Yuppie flue /Chronic fatigue syndrome/M.E? there was a time when every company I worked for had one or two people on long term sick leave with M.E !! Is everyone now eating better/healthily, working less hours and exercising, hence the whole phenomenon is gone?

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Whatever happened to Yuppie flue /Chronic fatigue syndrome/M.E? there was a time when every company I worked for had one or two people on long term sick leave with M.E !! Is everyone now eating better/healthily, working less hours and exercising, hence the whole phenomenon is gone?
    Yuppie chimney problems?

Comment

Friend of mine suffered from M.E for 15 years, she suicided a couple of months ago.

Comment

How's your chicken pox coming on Lucy?

(I had that when I was 16.)
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
          Myalgic Encephalopathy, which used to be dismissed with the disparaging term "yuppie flu" and was then vaguely characterised as "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" is now a recognised medical condition, so those who actually do suffer from it are probably on Sickness or Disability Benefit, whilst those who were just workshy malingering hypochondriacs have had to go back to actually earning a living.

More info is available at the ME Association and various other websites that can be found by asking Google.

Comment

There is also a variant known as Contractor Flu, or ME ME ME! as it is sometimes called.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
              Friend of mine suffered from M.E for 15 years, she suicided a couple of months ago.
              Just shows how crap your counselling is then, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                There is also a variant known as Contractor Flu, or ME ME ME! as it is sometimes called.

HTH
                No, that's part of the computer code for human. This sequence may be longer for contractors than for the average human, but it's still short compared to many other personality programmes.

Comment

A lot of people who were diagnosed with ME actually had Fibromyalgia - about which more is only recently becoming known. Today is National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day by the way.

http://www.fibromyalgia-associationu...nt/view/227/1/
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Thing is, ME is much easier to spell.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X