• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Centrica sues Accenture for £182 million

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centrica sues Accenture for £182 million

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle3908399.ece

CENTRICA is suing the global consultancy group Accenture for £182m over an IT system it claims reduced British Gas’s customer-billing process to a shambles.

Ok, own up - who worked on this?

It is estimated that British Gas lost 1m customers in 2006 alone.
    If I'd done it, they would have lost 6m customers.

- threaded

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
      I worked on it briefly and I am not surprised by this news at all. It was a nightmare project bodyshopped with junior 'programmers' which was why I left as soon as I could.

You reap what you sow etc etc.

Comment

I would be surprised if Accenture didn't deliver what they were contractually obligated to. It may have been crap but they probably will win the court case.

Comment

I doubt it will go that far. They won't want the publicity and will no doubt settle out of court.

Comment

was it .net by any chance ?

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

If I remember correctly the CRM was Siebel and the integration platform was eGate (Java).

Comment

Similar

Not on this, but on a similar one - called GENIE (Gas & Electricity New Integrated Environment), again using Siebel as a CRM front-end. Through Cap Gemini though , not Ass-enture. I wouldn't trust the latter with upgrading my laptop, let alone with projects worth hundreds of millions.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  I would be surprised if Accenture didn't deliver what they were contractually obligated to. It may have been crap but they probably will win the court case.
                  That's what Accenture do: make reams of documentation, snow under the client with Accenture-defined "targets", then code with a load of juniors, 1 senior, and 1 systems guy, plus 1 expensive project manager (paid for by the client) whose purpose is to keep proving that Accenture are meeting their targets.

Whether the client gets what does it for them, is quite another question.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    That's what Accenture do: make reams of documentation, snow under the client with Accenture-defined "targets", then code with a load of juniors, 1 senior, and 1 systems guy, plus 1 expensive project manager (paid for by the client) whose purpose is to keep proving that Accenture are meeting their targets.

Whether the client gets what does it for them, is quite another question.
                    That was kind of my point, you just stated it more eloquently

Comment

Working...
                    X