• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed! (and we love it)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed! (and we love it)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7395041.stm

More people want house prices to fall than to rise, BBC research has found.

That is the surprise finding of the first poll to test the assumption that house price falls are unpopular and therefore politically damaging.

Barely a fifth of people want house prices to rise - fewer than the number of people who want them to fall.

The poll, specially commissioned by the BBC, found that only 22% said they wanted prices to go up while 28% said they wanted house prices to fall.

I want the sky to fall.

Doomed!

Bin saying that for years - no brainer IMO - first time buyers or trading up, cheaper houses make it easier all round.

Only those dipsticks mortgaged to the hilt want prices to rise so as to bail them out (and actually buy the house when the interest-only mortgage has been paid off).

Those white-van-man families who were wringing their hands when they found out the house value had doubled typify the mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      volo divum occumbo...You are a Gaul & I claim my £5

Comment

Working...
      X