• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuck behind a hearse….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck behind a hearse….

Was on the M60 on Friday getting home – was stuck behind a co-operative hearse in the fast lane doing the mid 80’s, wobbling all over the shop and nearly hitting the central reservation.

Initially I thought it was stolen, until I saw the driver – looking like a hearse driver, obviously just running late.

Keep doing that trip on the M62 and you'll be the one in the hearse!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Initially I thought it was stolen, until I saw the driver – looking like a hearse driver, obviously just running late.
      I think you're past caring if your hearse is late...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Keep doing that trip on the M62 and you'll be the one in the hearse!
        You may not be too far from the truth there Churchill – it is the most aggressive motorway in the UK – Makes the M40 look like a breeze.

Even when I get my MX5 fixed I don’t think I am going to brave the 62 – too many lorries and vans for my liking.

Comment

You may not be too far from the truth there Churchill – it is the most aggressive motorway in the UK – Makes the M40 look like a breeze.

Even when I get my MX5 fixed I don’t think I am going to brave the 62 – too many lorries and vans for my liking.
          I used to drive from Shaw to Saltaire on a daily basis.

Soon decided that driving cross country was much safer - and much more predictable time wise...

Comment

Was on the M60 on Friday getting home – was stuck behind a co-operative hearse in the fast lane doing the mid 80’s, wobbling all over the shop and nearly hitting the central reservation.

Why not undertake then?

BP in sun headline writer mode.

<waits for audible groans and barrage of rotten fruit>

Comment

believe it or not hearses get loads of speeding tickets - not whilst on the job but moving in between.

it is a genuine cost budgetted for in the accounts

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Why not undertake then?

Well I thought it was funny BP. Probably a few here who didn't get it.

I saw a hearse on the A46 in Leicester a few years ago. The driver was on his own (no stiffy) and must have been doing well over a ton. He was passing everyone!

Maybe they need to collect the corpse whilst it's still warm or he was just about to resign
                Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  believe it or not hearses get loads of speeding tickets - not whilst on the job but moving in between.

it is a genuine cost budgetted for in the accounts

Well, they are dead busy...

igmc

Comment

I've never had any problems with that road when compared to any others. I've been doing it on a daily basis from Rochdale to Leeds. It was quite a nice drive in this morning going over the hills.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X