• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is islam anti christian and jew?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is islam anti christian and jew?

I was bored surfing and thought I'd read up on general muslim practices.

Interesting how the koran views no believers.

e.g.

Greeting Jews and Christians

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari Book 25, Number 5389, Narrated AbuHurayrah

Allah's Messenger said: Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads force him to go to the narrowest part of it.

Interesting because I once worked with a Pakistani muslim who was VERY religious and he would never say hello to me 1st in the morning, but if I said hello he would speak to me. Never really twigged before.

I think most, if not all, religions are pretty much anti the other religions. Wouldn't be much of a religion otherwise.

Interesting to see it codified though and at least it doesn't say you must kill them, just be a bit rude.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
      I think most, if not all, religions are pretty much anti the other religions. Wouldn't be much of a religion otherwise.

Interesting to see it codified though and at least it doesn't say you must kill them, just be a bit rude.
      No, it actualy says you must kill them, cant be bothered to quote.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

My understanding was that Christianity teaches acceptance of other faiths and that Islam says you should force non-believers to convert or kill them.

I see on the BBC that muslim leaders in the UK are warning that muslims are planning to fight back against the perceived attacks on them since 7/7

Arr, multiculturalism. Great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          My understanding was that Christianity teaches acceptance of other faiths and that Islam says you should force non-believers to convert or kill them.

I see on the BBC that muslim leaders in the UK are warning that muslims are planning to fight back against the perceived attacks on them since 7/7

Arr, multiculturalism. Great idea.
          Rivers of Blood.... Anyone?

BTW, if my RR gets attacked driving through Bradford I shall be forced to drive over the bastards.

Comment

I also see the *** who runs the mosque up manchester way is denying the existence of AQ and also saying everything is the fault of the government.

Ah...to live in such enlightened times

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
              I also see the *** who runs the mosque up manchester way is denying the existence of AQ and also saying everything is the fault of the government.

Ah...to live in such enlightened times

Mailman
              ***?

Comment

"***"
                ah...to live in such enlightened times

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyhorse
                  "***"
                  ah...to live in such enlightened times
                  You'll have to excuse him, he's from NZ.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    My understanding was that Christianity teaches acceptance of other faiths
                    Yes teaching that "our god" is the only true god, jesus is the only son of god and that anyone who does not beleive this is going to hell for endless pain, punishment and torment is really teaching "acceptance of other faiths"

All religions automaticlly exclude others by defalut.

Reason you see this writen by Islam though and no judaism or Christianity is because Islam did not exist when their "holy books" were written, when as when the koran was written the other two did and both viewed Islam as a "heretic" religion.

Comment

Working...
                    X