• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Boxster S has got to go......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Boxster S has got to go......

but what do I replace it with???? My first thoughts are golf Gti DSG 3Dr trying to be practical here. On the flip side of that coin for the price of a new Gti I could have a very nice used SL Merc (not the current shape the one before) this car will probably not do more than 5-6K a year.

No chav wagons aloud..... although I do like the wee corsa VXR but I just can't do it

The one thing that worries me about the SL is what the road tax will cost. Anyone confirm it will be the top end of the scale come next April?

Why does it have to go? You have a nice car there……

What about a nice sporty IS200? Reasonably priced and holds it value very nicely….

Comment

BMW 330 convertible - should be able to pick up a 3 or 4 year old model for 20k.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Why does it have to go? You have a nice car there……

What about a nice sporty IS200? Reasonably priced and holds it value very nicely….
        A L E X U S!!!??! NEVER SIR NEVER

I know they never break and have a great customer record but I just could not do it. I'm a badge snob I'm afraid I have thought about a new MX-5 but I've yet to drive one of the new ones. Hows yours going by the way?

Comment

Toyota Prius - very practical, very low car tax, they go like stink, and you'll be fighting the women off.

Honest.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            BMW 330 convertible - should be able to pick up a 3 or 4 year old model for 20k.
            I had a previous model 318ci sport and it was quite possibly the best car I've ever had. So your selection could be a good shout actually

Comment

Why does the Boxster have to go?
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                Why does the Boxster have to go?
                Had it for three years and I find it a bit uncomfortable, well the seats anyway and its over 6 years old now and I'd rather have a car with a nice fat warranty on it

Comment

Originally posted by roadster198 View Post
                  Had it for three years and I find it a bit uncomfortable, well the seats anyway and its over 6 years old now and I'd rather have a car with a nice fat warranty on it
                  What about an S2000?
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                    Toyota Prius - very practical, very low car tax, they go like stink, and you'll be fighting the women off.

Honest.
                    I bought a Fiat 500 last month for the low MPG/TAX/Green thing.

I'm confused how does a car that runs partially on Batteries go like stink......

Comment

Working...
                    X